Friday, December 19, 2008

Memories of the past...

I miss my Hotots. It has been such a tough decision to make, but I've deceided to switch breeds. I'm going to miss my woolies and all the breeder friends I've made, I do hope we can still keep in touch.

My first love has always been Dwarf Hotots, when I looked to get back into them in January of this year, I had no luck at all. So, I tried to find another breed that was common in this area so it would be 'convienient' to accquire bunnies. Now, I know that DHs are the breed for me, I miss them too much...

As far as leads, thank you Tammy for the info, I've contacted Tonna and she won't have anything available until next summer-which is fine, I'm in no hurry actually. We may get a little show doe next month...I'm taking my time finding stock, if there is one thing I've learned with the woolies, it is to Not be in a rush to get stock, buy in person, and LOVE the rabbits type before you buy...if you buy just to 'have that breed' I think you'd be wasting your time in the long run. So, off my soap box now-lol I'm hoping by next summer we'll have some foundation bunnies from Mingus and Thomas bloodlines.:-) *squeal* Here is a scrapbook page I made when I was younger-aren't DH babies the cutest?! The little buck in the coffee mug was our homegrown national winner. I wonder where he is today if he's still living...


In the mean time, all woolies are for sale! I'm selling what I have paid and will breed does to either buck if desired. We have a show trio, breeding trio, and Autumn which is due in January by the way!:-) For more info, please email me.

Zita's busy nest building-we're so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well obviously I like your choice. ;) Good luck selling the bunnies! I'm sure they'll sell fast, they're so nice!
The scrapbook page is soo cute! =D

TLR said...

Glad Zita's building nest. Noobie has hers built much earlier. Hope it wasn't false Pregnancy. All the best to you and Zita! Do update us regularly.