Wow, I'm so far behind on updates. It seems like so much has happened....first off, Kendall has given us a health scare. She was diagnosed with E. cuniculi (causes wry neck) which was devastating. She had a tumor in her left eye which looks like it is improving after continuous treatments. As soon as she was diagnosed we had to start her on Panacur STAT. Even though it is not good to give during pregnancy, her health was more important to us. If left untreated EC can spread to the brain and cause seizures and paralysis. I didn't want to chance it. The unfortunate thing is that it did effect her embryos. She kindled two kits a day early, one was very small but I was able to save her. The other kit had head/jaw deformities along with some neurological issues causing the baby to have difficulty breathing. So now Kendall can heal on her own without raising a litter and until her meds can be stopped on April 13th. She had such an easy birth I was very relieved! The plan is to re-breed in May so we'll see how that goes.
In other news, we have a couple more litters due! All of the baby smells has my older jr does in a tizzy to have litters of their own. I'm already getting hormonal attitudes and bum lifting. Silly girls, they're just babies themselves!
.JPG) |
| Lanee |
.JPG) |
| Let the HareStare begin! ;) |
.JPG) |
| Sneaky!! She pulled hair, had her litter and covered them up with hay. She then blocked the entrance. LOL |
.JPG) |
| Ahh!! I can't wait to bring Cole home :-) A formal intro coming soon! Thank you Shelley!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment