Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love is in the air!

It was a gorgeous day today! I was able to get Merci and Tige (TG3) bred today. Merci was very reluctant though :-/ I hope she has a nice, big healthy litter. This last round of breeding(6 does!) will be for Longview juniors in August. After these March babies I'm done done done! Until this summer or fall at least, hope my girls don't get too fat during their vacation.;-)
This is Dot...you can't tell from the picture but she has black hair in her forhead swirl on the top of her head, it looks like I marked her with a marker. I've called her Dot ever since I saw her. She likes to jump up at the top of the nestbox.
 Awe! Karson isn't as cute as he was a few days ago...LOL Oh well, his head is still fairly wide, he is on the left and a baby buck, same age is on the right. See how narrow the head is? I've also noticed the wide set ear base is a good indicator for head width as well.
 Last but not least, mister Buddy will be leaving me in less than two months :-( I have 2 does planned for breeding to him and Diva is due any day now. Hopefully I can get a nice little one out of him. I love those thick band! I get clean band babies and don't have to worry about thin bands or partial ones from him.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Whaaatttt! I missed your last three posts! :-( They didn't show up on my blog list....was wondering why you hadn't posted in so long! LOL Everyone looks great! Dot is *adorable*! :-) Love the head comparision with Karson. Hope he turns out well!