Sunday, December 11, 2011

Show Success

Delivered all 20 pigs to their owner this weekend, that alone is a big success to me. HAHA ;) My thoughts about raising cavies are no more, I had enough pig time to realize they are not my cup of tea.

The bake sell went fabulous! Our new club earned $375, how awesome! There were lots of goodies and we even had enough stuff brought that three tables were needed. Kudos to Nita W. for organizing it.

About the show, well we checked in at 7:30am and didn't show until 1:30pm-:-/ Not fun freezing to death and waiting so long. Both judges gave great comments and some weren't so great but I learned a lot. Charlie won't be shown anymore...his iffy bands were a no go. His type makes up for his lack of bands and with my two sport does with heavy ones, he'll stay. Mack will be for sale. He has an awesome body but his head/ear need improvement. I like him as a show rabbit but he isn't a buck I would want to breed any of my does at this point, since they also need improvement in the head/ears.

XEO won Best of Breed in BOTH shows!! He won 2 GC legs also! Wow. I almost didn't bring him because of the horrible molt he's in but both judges agreed that they could overlook the molt/bad condition because his type was so nice. Wow. I just brought him along to be a filler in the class really. That stinker will not pose at ALL for me at home but poses perfect and looks filled out on the table. Oh Muffy YOU are a mess!

XEO's son, 'Vinny' rocked it out too, he won 1st of 3 and the judges were very impressed with him. He will stay, he is the only baby I have of Diamond. I'm so glad her lines can still be in my barn. Hannah's little doe, Merri, did awesome as well. In fact she took Best Opposite of Breed. :-D Merri is a homegrown baby so I was pretty excited. She needs a good de-worming and some fattening for the next show though, she is still just a baby.

After all that, I hate to say, I didn't get a single picture. Ahhhhh! I know. The day was a blur and I am glad we went. Seeing everyone was great and we learned so much. Going to skip Waxahachie since I'll have a baby boom and let these juniors grow a bit. Next show...Feb. 2012...

3 comments:

Lanae said...

Awesome! Congrats! I hope you get lots of babies in January!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on a great, but chilly, show day!

Emily said...

Wow, that is so great! Congrats!
I hope everything goes well in January too!