Took Big Daddy out today to groom him. Flipped him over to check teeth, nails and feet as part of our weekly 'check up' routine. I noticed he's got a thick oblong callous formed on his left hind foot(hard to see in the picture but it's there). It's not a hock sore yet, thank goodness I caught it early-I hear hock sores are difficult to heal. So I pulled out his 'foot rest pad' and put a flat tile in(upside down so there is better traction). I have heard horror stories about bunnies breaking their backs on the slick part of the tile. It will have to do for now until I can find something better.

1 comment:
IMHO, you can also use a non-slip tile or bathroom plastic mats. But they will soon start to chew on the mats and it is not too good ingested.
Hope the soreness heals ASAP.
Post a Comment